History Business Centre (BC), St. Petersburg Magnus. As conceived by Peter I on Vasilevsky Island was supposed to appear a network of rectilinear blocks, separated from each other by channels. Each side of the channel would be a street or a line, as they were called at that time. The project was designed by architect D. Trezzini in 1716. Work on the construction of channels were slow, and then were stopped altogether. In 1766 the canals were filled, and on the buildings of the island in their place formed the street, and plan for the construction of Peter preserved only in their names.
The names of the 8th and 9th lines exist in 1730, but its present appearance 9th Line, on which the Business Centre (BC), St. Petersburg Magnus. , acquired in the XIX – early XX centuries. (From the 1720s until the early XIX century 9th Line was built mostly wooden houses). In the first third of the XIX century, the 8th and 9th line had a very original form on the 8th line were wooden houses, and on the 9th – the stone, so that even side streets look like a city, and the odd – as rural. In the early XIX century, the 8th and 9th lines associated with the Fast Vasilevsky Island, and the discovery in 1850 by Nicholas Bridge, spanning the center of Vasilevsky Island capital, their important transport role determined definitively. In the 1880s there have paved the line of horse railroad, and in 1914 allowed the first tram.
House number 34 on the 9 th line VO It was built on wooden buildings in the years 1910-1911, it designed by the famous master of modern St. Petersburg NI Alekseev. Before the revolution, was located apartment house. In the years 1915-1917 at number 34 lived Hadrian VP-Peretz, listener Bestuzhev courses in the future, the famous historian Old Russian literature, corresponding member of USSR Academy of Sciences. In the IV quarter of 2006, the reconstruction of the building was completed by "Rurik management." Now at number 34 on the 9th Line VO There is a modern Business Centre (BC) Magnus Petersburg., Retaining the historic facade of the building.